I don’t know what caused it but I recently realized that I spend way too much time ‘connecting’ with people that I will never meet, instead of people that I truly love.
These are the people that will matter most to me when I’m about to die:
- Gill (my Wife) and her family
- My two boys
- My parents
- My three Sisters and their families
- My close life-long friends and their families
- My Team at Treehouse
I often walk around the house, iPhone in hand, constantly connected and drawn back into email, Twitter and Facebook. 95% of it is just digital noise.
I’m torn because I love interacting with my followers on Twitter - you all are amazing. The trouble is that I should never let that be more important than the people I love.
What I should be doing is focusing on being present wherever I am physically, instead of distracted.
Also, I want to pick up the phone more often and just talk to people. Status updates aren’t actually connecting with people.
I’ll be damned if my boys grow up and all they see is me staring at my phone all the time.
Any thoughts or reactions to this?
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- starryazlan likes this
- damenleeturks likes this
- raymondklompsma likes this
- aboutonline-education likes this
- cunicorns reblogged this from pith and added:
- cunicorns likes this
- lovinontharun likes this
- brandrick likes this
- pixelpossible said: In the last year, I’ve learned the value of this thinking! I try my best to reinforce with my team!!
- pixelpossible likes this
- not-using-this likes this
- unquieted reblogged this from ryanleecarson and added:
- nazrinz likes this
- swaglikepg likes this
- jrichmanesq likes this
- dennisschneider reblogged this from ryanleecarson and added:
- alexgoldbergs likes this
- pith reblogged this from ryanleecarson and added:
- theawesomefarm likes this
- d2s likes this
- otnld likes this
- ryanleecarson posted this
Stuff I Like
Jay-Z connecting the dots between Russell Simmons and Mark Zuckerberg
“People in the record business had always made a lot of money. Not the artists,...
We work a 4-day week and just raised $4.75m
I think there’s something messed up about the startup culture in the USA. The belief...
@ryancarson on TwitterFollow @ryancarson